- Grape varieties: 100% Merlot.
- Refinement: in steel for 4-5 months.
- Bottle aging: 4-5 months.
- Aroma: aromas of berries ranging from small forest fruits to cherries, with a slight hint of spices.
- Palate: well-structured, delicate yet intense, fine and elegant.
The grapes with their stalks removed are placed in the fermentation tanks where maceration starts; this consists in cooling the grapes for 3 days and then leaving them to ferment at 22-24°C, stirring several times per day. Malolactic fermentation is developed employing the co-inoculation technique. Maceration goes on for 10-12 days.
Borgo delle Rose’s wines: know-how dedicated to flavours.
Merlot is a wine that goes very well with lots of different foods. It’s perfect combined with stews and boiled dishes and with red and white meats. Also excellent paired with risottos and other first courses with elaborate sauces. Best served at 16-18°C.
The red grape variety called Merlot originates from southwest France.
Its name derives from that fact that blackbirds (“merle” in French) love these grates. It reached Italy – in Friuli-Venezia Giulia, at the end of the 19th century and quickly spread to the Veneto region, then to Trentino-Alto Adige, Emilia-Romagna and Tuscany; lastly, it also reached the southern regions of the country.